Head of Steam Museum – Darlington
The museum commissioned a replica of a jacket worn by staff in the restaurant car on the LNER line in the first half 20th century. Using a range of images supplied by the museum I also contacted the National Railway Museum in York for further insights. They shared some images of an orignal they have in their collection which was extremely helpful in making sure all the little details were spot on.
Made in a heavy white cotton with black cotton sateen lapels and cuffs and an embroidered badge.
Made with help from Darcy Clothing and Flying Pig Embroidery.
More in the portfolio...
- Yarmouth Castle, English Heritage
- Escaped Prisoner – National Justice Museum
- Mary Quant – V&A Dundee
- Elizabeth Fry – National Justice Museum
- Porchester Castle – English Heritage
- Whitby Abbey – English Heritage
- 1680s Suit – Private Commission
- 1840s Evening Gown – Hartlebury Castle Trust