Marco Polo – Royal Armouries
This costume was created for a special events season at the museum. The design is based on an artists sketch of the traveller and also known examples of Chinese clothing from the period.
Red patterned faux silk, lined in gold faux silk was chosen to give it a rich appearance. The fastenings were hand created individually in silky gold cord using a traditional Chinese knot technique.
Plain, simple white linen drawstring trousers and long shirt were created to be worn under the coat.
More in the portfolio...
- Yarmouth Castle, English Heritage
- Escaped Prisoner – National Justice Museum
- Mary Quant – V&A Dundee
- Elizabeth Fry – National Justice Museum
- Porchester Castle – English Heritage
- Whitby Abbey – English Heritage
- 1680s Suit – Private Commission
- 1840s Evening Gown – Hartlebury Castle Trust