East India Trading Company Uniform – Royal Armouries
To launch a new presentation on the East India Trading Company in 18th century this uniform was commissioned. This era of the Company is an interesting one as they had their own milita who they wanted to be in uniform, but they were not the same as the British Army uniforms. It is difficult to track down exactly how different the uniforms were from each other so we opted for a simplified version of known British Army uniforms of the period. A full coat, waistcoat and trousers were all created for this piece.
More in the portfolio...
- Bankfield Museum, Kirklees
- Kenilworth Castle, English Heritage
- Porchester Castle, English Heritage
- The Burrell Collection, Glasgow
- Marble Hill House, English Heritage
- The Rural Life Museum, Normanby Hall Country Park
- St Mary’s Guildhall, Coventry
- Yarmouth Castle, English Heritage