World War One Bathing Suit – Private Commission
Fiona Francis, a WWI re-enactor, commissioned a bathing suit made from blue silk jersey with a short wrap skirt. Decorated with an embroidered anchor and a contrasting cream silk jersey trim. There were elasticated cuffs on the bottom of the legs and hand-worked buttonholes at both shoulders, with anchor stamped buttons for the fastening.
More in the portfolio...
- Elizabeth Fry – National Justice Museum
- Porchester Castle – English Heritage
- Whitby Abbey – English Heritage
- 1680s Suit – Private Commission
- 1840s Evening Gown – Hartlebury Castle Trust
- Elizabethan Lady – Hartlebury Castle Trust
- Head of Steam Museum – Darlington
- Fountains Abbey & Studley Royal – National Trust