World War One Bathing Suit – Private Commission
Fiona Francis, a WWI re-enactor, commissioned a bathing suit made from blue silk jersey with a short wrap skirt. Decorated with an embroidered anchor and a contrasting cream silk jersey trim. There were elasticated cuffs on the bottom of the legs and hand-worked buttonholes at both shoulders, with anchor stamped buttons for the fastening.
More in the portfolio...
- Bankfield Museum, Kirklees
- Kenilworth Castle, English Heritage
- Porchester Castle, English Heritage
- The Burrell Collection, Glasgow
- Marble Hill House, English Heritage
- The Rural Life Museum, Normanby Hall Country Park
- St Mary’s Guildhall, Coventry
- Yarmouth Castle, English Heritage