1680s Suit – Private Commission
This suit was commissioned by a dance leader who specialises in historical dances. Having already got a Regency era costume he was keen to explore a different era and requested 1680s – as something a little different!
In a strong red brocade the coat and matching breeches with domed embossed buttons are offset with a period shirt with lace cuffs, cravat and white stockings. The customer also purchased a wig to go with the costume but apparently it takes a lot of practice to dance in a big wig!
Made in partnership with Ruth Watkin.
More in the portfolio...
- Bankfield Museum, Kirklees
- Kenilworth Castle, English Heritage
- Porchester Castle, English Heritage
- The Burrell Collection, Glasgow
- Marble Hill House, English Heritage
- The Rural Life Museum, Normanby Hall Country Park
- St Mary’s Guildhall, Coventry
- Yarmouth Castle, English Heritage