1680s Suit – Private Commission
This suit was commissioned by a dance leader who specialises in historical dances. Having already got a Regency era costume he was keen to explore a different era and requested 1680s – as something a little different!
In a strong red brocade the coat and matching breeches with domed embossed buttons are offset with a period shirt with lace cuffs, cravat and white stockings. The customer also purchased a wig to go with the costume but apparently it takes a lot of practice to dance in a big wig!
Made in partnership with Ruth Watkin.
More in the portfolio...
- Yarmouth Castle, English Heritage
- Escaped Prisoner – National Justice Museum
- Mary Quant – V&A Dundee
- Elizabeth Fry – National Justice Museum
- Porchester Castle – English Heritage
- Whitby Abbey – English Heritage
- 1840s Evening Gown – Hartlebury Castle Trust
- Elizabethan Lady – Hartlebury Castle Trust