Aubrey Beardsley Evening Gown – Private Commission
A bespoke full length bias cut evening gown, unique in design, featuring hand-drawn decorative panels down the back, mimicking the fall of a peacocks tail. These panels were heavily worked into over a layer of fine black chiffon with beads and sequins. The top panel featured the head of the peacock and came round the hips to the front, where a clasp provided the fastening of the dress and gathered the material to give the gown shape and fullness. The dress was commissioned and worn by a young lady for her 21st birthday party.
More in the portfolio...
- Elizabeth Fry – National Justice Museum
- Porchester Castle – English Heritage
- Whitby Abbey – English Heritage
- 1680s Suit – Private Commission
- 1840s Evening Gown – Hartlebury Castle Trust
- Elizabethan Lady – Hartlebury Castle Trust
- Head of Steam Museum – Darlington
- Fountains Abbey & Studley Royal – National Trust