Aubrey Beardsley Evening Gown – Private Commission
A bespoke full length bias cut evening gown, unique in design, featuring hand-drawn decorative panels down the back, mimicking the fall of a peacocks tail. These panels were heavily worked into over a layer of fine black chiffon with beads and sequins. The top panel featured the head of the peacock and came round the hips to the front, where a clasp provided the fastening of the dress and gathered the material to give the gown shape and fullness. The dress was commissioned and worn by a young lady for her 21st birthday party.
More in the portfolio...
- Bankfield Museum, Kirklees
- Kenilworth Castle, English Heritage
- Porchester Castle, English Heritage
- The Burrell Collection, Glasgow
- Marble Hill House, English Heritage
- The Rural Life Museum, Normanby Hall Country Park
- St Mary’s Guildhall, Coventry
- Yarmouth Castle, English Heritage