Viking Festival Wedding – York Archaeological Trust
Viking Wedding Dress, The Jovik Viking Festival
This Viking outfit was created for the Viking Wedding event at York Minster, as part of The Jorvik Viking Festival 2012. The dress is made from wool, the hangerock is linen and both were trimmed with hand-woven wool tablet weave.
One of a number of authentic Viking outfits created for use by the staff at the Jorvik Viking Centre. Made from coarse linen for durability and dyed to suitable colours. Each item was stitched on the machine but linen thread was used in the hand finish of the neck and cuffs.
More in the portfolio...
- Elizabeth Fry – National Justice Museum
- Porchester Castle – English Heritage
- Whitby Abbey – English Heritage
- 1680s Suit – Private Commission
- 1840s Evening Gown – Hartlebury Castle Trust
- Elizabethan Lady – Hartlebury Castle Trust
- Head of Steam Museum – Darlington
- Fountains Abbey & Studley Royal – National Trust