Elsie Knocker – Royal Armouries
A fantastic opportunity to recreate the nurses coat worn by Elsie Knocker when she was stationed near the trenches during WWI. The coat was requested for a special on-off anniversary event to commemorate the beginning of WWI at Lotherton Hall, near Leeds. Staff from the Royal Armouries spent the weekend – night and day – living in a trench in the grounds of the house as a living history experiment. The coat was designed based on original images of Elsie, plus original patterns of similar coats of the period. Made in a khaki wool.
More in the portfolio...
- Bankfield Museum, Kirklees
- Kenilworth Castle, English Heritage
- Porchester Castle, English Heritage
- The Burrell Collection, Glasgow
- Marble Hill House, English Heritage
- The Rural Life Museum, Normanby Hall Country Park
- St Mary’s Guildhall, Coventry
- Yarmouth Castle, English Heritage