Elsie Knocker – Royal Armouries
A fantastic opportunity to recreate the nurses coat worn by Elsie Knocker when she was stationed near the trenches during WWI. The coat was requested for a special on-off anniversary event to commemorate the beginning of WWI at Lotherton Hall, near Leeds. Staff from the Royal Armouries spent the weekend – night and day – living in a trench in the grounds of the house as a living history experiment. The coat was designed based on original images of Elsie, plus original patterns of similar coats of the period. Made in a khaki wool.
More in the portfolio...
- Elizabeth Fry – National Justice Museum
- Porchester Castle – English Heritage
- Whitby Abbey – English Heritage
- 1680s Suit – Private Commission
- 1840s Evening Gown – Hartlebury Castle Trust
- Elizabethan Lady – Hartlebury Castle Trust
- Head of Steam Museum – Darlington
- Fountains Abbey & Studley Royal – National Trust