Kenwood House – English Heriage
Another set of costumes that got my designing wires tingling! Working clothes always fascinate me so when Kenwood House requested a set of interactive visitor costumes to feature in the newly refurbished mill on the grounds I was delighted.
We created cotton smocks with red neckerchiefs and hand-smocking detail for the men who worked in the piggery on the estate and a full dairy maid costume featuring a caraco jacket, skirts, apron and fichhu all sewn together to make it easy to try on. Open down the back with cotton ties at the neck and waist to make it super easy to try-on and get a photo!
More in the portfolio...
- Yarmouth Castle, English Heritage
- Escaped Prisoner – National Justice Museum
- Mary Quant – V&A Dundee
- Elizabeth Fry – National Justice Museum
- Porchester Castle – English Heritage
- Whitby Abbey – English Heritage
- 1680s Suit – Private Commission
- 1840s Evening Gown – Hartlebury Castle Trust