Lute Players Gown – Private Commission
A Tudor open gown inspired by a contemporary painting for a lute player doing musical events. Made from heavy red and gold damask with gold petticoat, the bodice was stiffened with buckram and front fastening with hooks and eyes. Gold piping detail was added to highlight the waistline.
More in the portfolio...
- Bankfield Museum, Kirklees
- Kenilworth Castle, English Heritage
- Porchester Castle, English Heritage
- The Burrell Collection, Glasgow
- Marble Hill House, English Heritage
- The Rural Life Museum, Normanby Hall Country Park
- St Mary’s Guildhall, Coventry
- Yarmouth Castle, English Heritage