Edwardian Corset – History Wardrobe
This S-bend corset was made to be worn for the ‘Votes For Women’ presentation with The History Wardrobe. A complicated design with 16 individual pieces, the corset was made from blue silk backed with coutil. It features hip pads, a front busk and lacing at the back, and spiral bones were used to provide the structure.
More in the portfolio...
- Elizabeth Fry – National Justice Museum
- Porchester Castle – English Heritage
- Whitby Abbey – English Heritage
- 1680s Suit – Private Commission
- 1840s Evening Gown – Hartlebury Castle Trust
- Elizabethan Lady – Hartlebury Castle Trust
- Head of Steam Museum – Darlington
- Fountains Abbey & Studley Royal – National Trust