Edwardian Corset – History Wardrobe
This S-bend corset was made to be worn for the ‘Votes For Women’ presentation with The History Wardrobe. A complicated design with 16 individual pieces, the corset was made from blue silk backed with coutil. It features hip pads, a front busk and lacing at the back, and spiral bones were used to provide the structure.
More in the portfolio...
- Bankfield Museum, Kirklees
- Kenilworth Castle, English Heritage
- Porchester Castle, English Heritage
- The Burrell Collection, Glasgow
- Marble Hill House, English Heritage
- The Rural Life Museum, Normanby Hall Country Park
- St Mary’s Guildhall, Coventry
- Yarmouth Castle, English Heritage