Wish You Were Here – History Wardrobe
Made from a very light cotton with a line and spot pattern. Extensive planning and care was taken in the construction to ensure the lines of the pattern ran straight throughout the dress and matched on the pattern pieces. The dress had long under-sleeves and short puff over-sleeves. Both sets of sleeves had piped cuffs in a contrasting cream. A back fastening dress, with self covered buttons and hand-stitched button holes.
More in the portfolio...
- Elizabeth Fry – National Justice Museum
- Porchester Castle – English Heritage
- Whitby Abbey – English Heritage
- 1680s Suit – Private Commission
- 1840s Evening Gown – Hartlebury Castle Trust
- Elizabethan Lady – Hartlebury Castle Trust
- Head of Steam Museum – Darlington
- Fountains Abbey & Studley Royal – National Trust