World War One Era Blouse – Private Commission
Fiona France, a WWI re-enactor, commissioned a lace blouse to wear with her silk suit. It was copied exactly from an original in The History Wardrobe collection. Featuring a cream silk, short-sleeved undershirt, with a long-sleeved lace overlay and deep falling collar. The lace was carefully manipulated to take advantage of the highly decorated pattern to the best effect in the final garment.
More in the portfolio...
- Elizabeth Fry – National Justice Museum
- Porchester Castle – English Heritage
- Whitby Abbey – English Heritage
- 1680s Suit – Private Commission
- 1840s Evening Gown – Hartlebury Castle Trust
- Elizabethan Lady – Hartlebury Castle Trust
- Head of Steam Museum – Darlington
- Fountains Abbey & Studley Royal – National Trust