World War One Era Blouse – Private Commission
Fiona France, a WWI re-enactor, commissioned a lace blouse to wear with her silk suit. It was copied exactly from an original in The History Wardrobe collection. Featuring a cream silk, short-sleeved undershirt, with a long-sleeved lace overlay and deep falling collar. The lace was carefully manipulated to take advantage of the highly decorated pattern to the best effect in the final garment.
More in the portfolio...
- Bankfield Museum, Kirklees
- Kenilworth Castle, English Heritage
- Porchester Castle, English Heritage
- The Burrell Collection, Glasgow
- Marble Hill House, English Heritage
- The Rural Life Museum, Normanby Hall Country Park
- St Mary’s Guildhall, Coventry
- Yarmouth Castle, English Heritage