World War One Summer Dress – Private Commission
Cherie Lawrence, a historic tribute singer commissioned a Great War dress suitable for use in a variety of events. . Due to the requirements necessary to the practical use of the dress, it needed to be washable, light and cool and front fastenings. Hence I chose a design based on an original dress dating from 1915 in The History Wardrobe collection. This dress is made from fine cotton muslin, with a sailor collar, double layered skirt and decorative features including zig-zagged trims and pom-poms.
More in the portfolio...
- Yarmouth Castle, English Heritage
- Escaped Prisoner – National Justice Museum
- Mary Quant – V&A Dundee
- Elizabeth Fry – National Justice Museum
- Porchester Castle – English Heritage
- Whitby Abbey – English Heritage
- 1680s Suit – Private Commission
- 1840s Evening Gown – Hartlebury Castle Trust