World War One Summer Dress – Private Commission
Cherie Lawrence, a historic tribute singer commissioned a Great War dress suitable for use in a variety of events. . Due to the requirements necessary to the practical use of the dress, it needed to be washable, light and cool and front fastenings. Hence I chose a design based on an original dress dating from 1915 in The History Wardrobe collection. This dress is made from fine cotton muslin, with a sailor collar, double layered skirt and decorative features including zig-zagged trims and pom-poms.
More in the portfolio...
- Bankfield Museum, Kirklees
- Kenilworth Castle, English Heritage
- Porchester Castle, English Heritage
- The Burrell Collection, Glasgow
- Marble Hill House, English Heritage
- The Rural Life Museum, Normanby Hall Country Park
- St Mary’s Guildhall, Coventry
- Yarmouth Castle, English Heritage